Site: Shelby's backyard/Flat Creek
Date: 5/7/08
Time: 4:30
Temperature: 64 Degrees F
Weather: Partly Cloudy
Soil: Rocky Muddy River
The area is covered in grass with a rocky/muddy river flowing right in the middle of it. The river water is moving at a quick pace and the grass around is still brownish, and there is no green yet, but there are many organisms along the riverbank. There are many weeds and shrubs near the river bank, and some trees which I classified as Willows. The only organisms that i saw where birds wich included the following..Magpie, Robin, Turkey Vulture, Geese, Malard Duck, and Swallows. All these birds just flew around except the Malard Duck. I found the Malard Duck particularly interesting and examined it closely. The Malard Ducks just mostly float on the river and stand on river bank, yet when they stand on riverbank they stare into the water for a long amount of time. I predict that the ducks are actually staring into the water for food. Another thing that amazed me was that these ducks actually float upstream. I suspect that they actually "swim" upstream instead of "float" but we will see as i make more observations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment